Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Cookies.

there is something really exciting about our first married Christmas.

I'm usually a Christmas Junkie anyway. I love the carols, wrapping gifts... I even like driving in Christmas traffic just a little bit.

but I just want to say, Christmas is REALLY exciting this year.

that said, I want to share my mom's Gingerbread Cookie recipe. even if you don't love gingerbread, you should really try these. they're chewy, not crunchy, and the ginger flavor is pretty minimal. I'll post some pictures later.

MAMA LARK'S CHEWY GINGERBREAD COOKIES
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 tsp clove
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat over to 375 degrees.

Cream shortening and sugar in large bowl.

Add molasses and egg, cream.

Sift together flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. If you don't have a sifter, combine the ingredients in a bowl with a lid and shake well.

Add powder mixture to creamed mixture. Mix ingredients, cover bowl, and chill for 1-2 hours.

Use a baller to make dough balls. Roll each ball in sugar, place on a cookie sheet. Leave room for spreading during bake.

Bake 12-14 minutes, let cool completely before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment